An Eco State of Mind
When a plan to become more environmentally friendly was adopted for Savannah and Tybee Island, the next step was to create a compelling visual brand identity for the new initiative. Since environmental issues had always been close to my heart, I saw it as an exciting chance to make a genuine difference.
- A name, tag line, and logo design were all needed for an initiative that would speak to the entire community.
- Visual materials from other environmental campaigns tended to all look the same but they wanted to stand out in a unique way.
- The goal was not only to build awareness, but active participation as well.
- The simple yet memorable one-word name, Join, implies that this isn’t just about the initiative—it’s an invitation to all work together on behalf of a healthy local ecosystem; in fact, the bold ‘in’ suggests the phrase ‘Join In’.
- The colorful logo mark reflects the organizers’ vision of coordination and unity, standing out from the monochromatic greens and leaf logo marks of other environmental initiatives.
- The comprehensive brand identity manual I created ensures that the visual motif will remain strong and consistent as it is presented to the community in various applications and media.
Alison’s work was outstanding and has helped the us establish our new brand throughout the area. I would definitely recommend Alison for graphic design and branding projects.
Larry Miles, Chair of the Chatham Environmental Forum