Dog Walking Reinvented
Jeannine Yep created a business that she wished already existed. Her business, K9 Fitness offers off-leash dog adventures in San Francisco filled with exercise, socialization, and fun. When she reached out for a fresh visual identity and website, I thought that would be fun too.
- Although open to new ideas, Jeannine knew what she liked, and wanted to be involved in the design process to ensure that all the elements shared the same visual language, thereby building trust and loyalty for her brand.
- Her approach to her business category was unique and Jeannine wanted a logo and website that reflected that difference.
- Jeannine loves to shoot pictures of the dogs’ daily adventures, and she wanted to continually (and automatically) update her website with those photos to convey that same sense of spontaneity and visual authenticity.
- Our collaborative development of a moodboard drove the project’s design, as we started with a wide range of reference images, colors and textures. Then we narrowed them down to settle on a final, unique motif that she loves.
- With that process as a foundation, the logo went in a different direction than I might have gone in on my own – a hand-made scratchboard effect that reflects the personal touch that she provides. This contrasts with the common silhouettes featured on her competitors’ websites.
- I used Jeannine’s photographs as a prominent focal point in the website design, and integrated a feature that displays her daily Instagram posts.
- I contracted to provide ongoing maintenance of her new WordPress site to keep the hackers away.
The website came out beautiful, way beyond what I thought it could be. My favorite part was working with Alison, and seeing a how all the steps and elements came together for the final result.
Jeannine Yep, Owner and Pack Leader